Friday, July 02, 2010

stage 4 of shitiness

So yesterday, i found out my grandmother has stage 3 lung cancer where it had previously NOT been 3 months prior. So, needless to say, she's pretty sick. She's too weak for kemo so they're attempting radiation but, apparently it's the type of cancer that comes back and since it spreads so rapidly, it's likely it will come back.
I haven't seen her in a good 6 months at best but, i remember summer childhoods being the best part of my life when i was there with her and she's the only one i have to remember them with, so then who do i have to recall the hilarious stories with?
And she only lives an hour away but i never take time out of my self-centered life to go see her. And it happened to me; those feelings of regret and the "why didn't i's?"
but i'm so fortunate i still have time to do those things because damn, if only i could explain what a stubborn, independent woman she is. And she's always told me and everyone shamelessly that i'm her favorite grandchild.
And the funny thing is, she's been worried about me after i had called my mom crying last saturday from all the stress i've been under with two jobs and a shitty boyfriend.
Please, someone, tell me what i'm supposed to do because spending time with her just doesn't seem like enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment