Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pinned to Texas

My body type is as follows:

5'2.5
Breast L-XL
Waist M
Hips L

How do you buy clothes for that? Safety pins are a big-breasted girl's best friend when it comes to button-up blouses.
People here (in Arizona) don't share my curves though...
That being said, i have realized that i'm actually proud to be from Texas... land of curvy, beautiful, flawed women. Yes, i said it. All of my years of bitching and complaining about the place has turned in to random longings for places i used to go. The lakes, the big empty fields, the big 100-year-old trees, even the conservative friendly people. Manners and handshakes are all part of Texas culture, something to be missed in the dregs of the sand.
Arizona, on the other hand... there's the apparent staring, blatant oblivion in the presence of others talking, no "excuse me" this or "pardon me" that. All the people here seem to have taken some course on the omission of manners and the disregarding of other's present. It's not a miserable place, just a lonely one. One where you come to be ignored and forgotten by the rest of the world. A place to hide, really.
On the other hand, the being-ignored is beneficial when in public places. No sales people hounding you. But, i kind of miss the friendliness of being somewhere and having a random conversation with a polite southerner.
It's no surprise i miss Texas, i just thought it would take longer to realize that it really is my home.
So like my aunt's friend said when my aunt moved; i'm "just on vacation".

No comments:

Post a Comment