Saturday, March 27, 2010

Little People/Big Lives

I woke up to a Townes Van Zandt song i forgot to remove from my shuffle (White Freightliner Blues). Though the bluegrass/blues feel is charming, it's a once in a blue moon track. Just because you love an artist doesn't mean you have to love all of his work.
I felt like i was part of the Little People farm clan.
This was Sims circa 1989ish. Had they had access to what i woke up to, it would have been their anthem.

In other exciting news, it looks to be a bleak day filled with Fiona Apple (shameless guilty pleasure), Steve Earle and fresh pack of cigarettes. The tiny office i am currenly inhabiting at my aunt's has become stale and irritable. I miss Dallas and the no-job factor is really starting to weigh down on me. I have to save at least $1000 to move to AZ by June but at this rate, i feel like i'll be stuck here forever. I just want to hurry up and get my shit together and get my life on track. And once i get there, i have to start looking at schools. Gar.
I hate making plans for my life, it's so... not free? And now that i actually have made plans and set a goal, the idleness is killing me.
Life, it's fun until you make plans.
But i suppose love makes it worth it.
Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment