Friday, March 26, 2010

Joplinism - Woman Juice

I had a dream last night about a silent conversation with Janis Joplin.
She was still alive and looked the same but with a leathery face. She was kind and empowering just as all the footage of her reveals her to be. She offered no verbal advice but her presence spoke volumes and the message was a warm embrace encouraging my idependence as a woman. I don't remember verbatim the dream, but she kicked open a door for me, metaphorically.
I love being idependent but sometimes i truly feel like i can't live without my partner and it tortures the hell out of me. But here came Janis, blasting me with her awesome vibrant colors and letting me know it's all okay.
It was a very welcomed dream, especially since i went to bed angry at my boyfriend.
I woke up thinking of the Descartes' mediatation about dreams and reality. I know he "dubunks" his own theory but sometimes i feel i live more in my dreams than i do in reality. I think alot of people experience the same feeling. I live vicariously through a different part of myself in my dreams, a part of myself that i'm a stranger to; some subconcious aspect of my personality that i never partake in.
And although i don't really believe that dreams try to tell you something, i do believe that when you wake up with that feeling in your chest, that undeniable pull that says your dream is significant; i don't think it should be ignored.
I hold Janis very close to my heart and ironically, she was in my dream when i went to bed furious at my "soul mate".
And i just can't ignore that.

No comments:

Post a Comment