Tuesday, August 24, 2010

hello again

So, here i am! Finally moved out of my grandparent's house. Not any closer to a decision as to what i want to do with my life but, i don't really feel a ton of pressure right now. Or, perhaps i'm just ignoring it, who knows?
I have, however, FINALLY read Nietzsche, after 9 years of reading philosophy and psychology books, it took me until now to read Nietzsche.
I feel as if i've found my soulmate. His arrogance is my repressed arrogance that i will never let surface, not even in my own mind. I find myself looking at things differently too. Philosophy has always been a major influence in my life but, whereas music is able to affect me all the time, philosophy requires a different plunge with it's heaviness. And Nietzsche's words are beautiful and elegant and perfect. And for a short-lived moment, everything seems less meaningless to me. Life in general seems like maybe, possibly it could be worth somehting more than time pressed by gravity. Because, if someone once existed that could write things as wonderfully as Nietzsche did, then it can't really be so pointless. But, at battle with my thoughts, that subsides and i'm left craving more of the fluffy cushion that he sews beneath me.
But at least, for those few moments, i feel the pressure let up a bit and look at things with that light that genuinely faithful people do. But it is not in my nature to accept things that way so, until i am no more, i have Nietzsche. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment