Monday, May 24, 2010

You! Shut Your Mouth!

There are few people i truly admire. There are many i respect but, few that i actually, genuinely admire.
Off hand, i can think of 4.
Like a picky gardner, i am.
The one person that truly humbles the pit of my tummy was this woman i worked with at the dreaded Home Depot job a few years back. She was absolutely amazing. She worked two full-time jobs, lost her mom to cancer, her grandmother passed, her sister died (can't recall the cause) and, her brother was a failed suicide; all within a 6 month period. But, every day that she came to work, she came smiling, friendly and, incredibly positive and upbeat.
I asked her once how she did it and she looked me straight in the eyes and said, "only Jesus can put me down". She didn't want pity, she didn't ask for anyone's advice, she didn't even mention it. And, i adored her because it wasn't a situation where you thought, "my problems ain't no thang", it was a situation where you looked at her and wanted to value yourself as much as she valued herself above things that you can't change.
Even as an athiest, her words made me tear up because she truly put herself above life's bullshit and kept her head above water. I've never been that inspired by anyone to stop bitching about my plight. Even now, i still think of her when i'm depressed and channel all of the energy it takes to be in a shitty mood in to my music (equivilant to jesus for moi).
I owe her so much more than a silly blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment