Monday, May 03, 2010

upon later review of my poetry

When i write (with a pen), i don't fully realize what i'm writing, it just comes naturally. So when i write poetry, it's like the breaking of a dam concealing all of my emotions. The only part i take control over is making sure my poetry is consistent with the reason i'm writing it.
In "the zone" the other day, i wrote something that blew my mind due to accuracy of it's meaning. To most, it's likely to seem like a metaphor of some kind, but for me, it's an exact interpretation.

"I've built my thoughts between two covers
To shut away and never mutter"

I'm very shy about anything i write and only feel comfortable posting some of it on the internet as i know that no one i know will ever stumble upon it. None of my friends are aware i have a blog and only one person knows i have a Red Bubble page for my poetry and only because he told me about it.
The seams of my writing are all stitched in to this odd, intricate design that no one is meant to ever solve.
I fear this means that no one truly knows me and perhaps it does mean just that but in that case, can anyone ever really know anyone? I mean, the worst of ourselves lives inside of us and only we know that alter-ego entirely.
And it mostly depends on how much you're willing to accept about yourself. So with that in mind, i believe the majority of people live in denial of themselves which never fully allows them to know who they truly are.
I've never really had that problem, i've never had problems admitting my shitty qualities or apologizing for them and i've always been a strong individual.
So my arrogance reigns a bit because it's not difficult for me but in realizing those things that most want to pretend doesn't exist inside of them. In that, i also realize that everyone is arrogant in the things that are simple to them.
So, is it really arrogance? No, it's the common sense of the individual.
MY POINT? There isn't one. I was just excited about my poetry because it's something i've lived by without knowing the words. BIG DEAL as you can clearly see i love to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment