Sunday, May 02, 2010

What of this?

Emily Dickinson
Billie Holiday
Smog
Doc Watson
Ralph Stanley

That was my day.
Oh, and Starbucks. As i haven't "blogged" in a bit, i should mention that i was hired at Starbucks and now hold two jobs. Strange contrast between working at Cracker Barrel and Starbucks. Most ironic thing: they're on opposite sides of the freeway.
I.E. one is for country folks and the other for city people.

Stranges emotions are stirred listening to Doc Watson. I feel like every crazy thought and feeling i've ever had are suddenly being validated.


Aaaaaaand to end this;

I reason, earth is short,
And anguish absolute.
And many hurt;
But what of that?

I reason, we could die.
The best vitality
Cannot excel decay;
But what of that?

I reason that in heaven
Somehow, it will be even,
Some new equation given;
But what of that?

So fuck you if you don't like Emily Dickinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment